Saturday, May 18, 2013

Trichocereus chalaensis

Please visit CactusAffinity.com for the current version of this website.

I bought the one above from a home-based nursery around 2002. They were calling it T. peruvianus at the time, and now they're calling it T. thelegonus. To me, it looks enough like T. chalaensis that I've changed my label. I'm calling it T. chalaensis JS07 for my collection.

I bought the one below around 2001 from Sacred Succulents labeled as a small, seed grown'T. peruvianus. It's cleary not a T. peruvianus, and also appears to me to be T. chalaensis. I've given it the label T. chalaensis JS06 for my collection.


Let me know which one you want, otherwise I'll just pick a nice one. They're genetically distinct, so they should be able to cross pollinate each other for 'pure' T. chalaensis seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment